Tuesday 14 September 2010

A little tighter

Today I welcomed another mother's child into our home for the day.

Unexpectedly, I was as teary-eyed as she was, watching her say good-bye to her baby. She emailed me later, a list of all the things she had meant to tell me but couldn't get out through the tears.

The end of the day brought an equally tearful reunion. Hers were justified; mine caught me by surprise. And the baby, he just smiled and cooed, darling boy. We are so looking forward to getting to know him in the days and weeks to come.

Tonight I hugged my boys a little bit tighter than usual. How blessed I am to have been gifted with such treasures!

2 comments:

  1. That mother is so lucky to have someone like you to leave her little one with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure this family will bless you just as much as you are blessing them. It sounds like you have a great privilege watching this sweet little guy :)

    ReplyDelete