Monday 24 September 2012

Some days

My husband, thoughtful and loving man that he is, often phones on his way home at the end of the day.

Most days I answer cheerfully:
"Hello! How was your day?"
Some days get a more subdued response:
"Hey. What's up?"
Other days, days like today, days filled with an unusually high number of dirty diapers and runny noses and puke and spills and will the work never end??, he is greeted instead with something more like this:
"Oh my goodness! Will you people just leave me alone for FIVE MINUTES?? Every time I tell someone to be quiet and leave me in peace, someone else insists on talking to me! Look at this, Mommy! Can I have that, Mommy! Read to me, Mommy! GO AWAY!!"
...and then he tells me that he was just calling to see if I wanted anything from Starbucks on his way home.

Way to make me feel like a donkey's rear end.

(But yes, I'll take a salted caramel mocha frappucino, if you don't mind.)

3 comments:

  1. Ha, too funny! I've done that many times. My poor husband puts up with so much. I'm ashamed to say I've done it to my kids too. One of my boys will say "Mummy?" for the umpteenth time and in frustration I'll ask "What!?" only to have them respond "I love you so much." Donkey's rear end indeed.
    And A salted caramel mocha frappucino sounds amazing, I think I'll have to find one! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just one child and the last few days I've been feeling the same way. "JUST LEAVE ME ALONE"!

    ReplyDelete