Saturday 31 January 2009

It's heeeeere!

My very first post partum period - only 21 months (and nine days...but who's counting?) after my son was born!

Which means we are now *officially* trying to conceive, after several months of "unofficially" trying/hoping. Time to stock up on pregnancy tests!! Oh, I hope it happens quickly.

(Feel free to skip the following TMI: I was pleasantly surprised at how fine I felt when my period started! Pre-baby, I was horribly horribly sick every time my period arrived, to the point where I passed out a couple times. I dreaded it each and every month. This time around I had no warning whatsoever, other than being incredibly exhausted for a couple days beforehand. Oh, and you know what finally brought it back? I had just bought some nice new white underwear. Seriously, I thought that when I bought them - this will be the week my period returns, just because I'm wearing nice new white underwear. You know, Murphy's Law and all. Anyway. TMI over.)

Even though our children will now be further apart age-wise than I had hoped they would be, I do still fully believe it was worth it to continue to nurse my toddler. It was disappointing that my body was so sensitive to that, but worth it nonetheless. Even just two weeks ago, when he was so very sick that all he did was lie on my knee and cry, he wouldn't eat or drink anything but at least he still nursed (like a freakin' newborn!). He recovered quickly, though it took him a few days to get back to his old good-natured and silly self, but the fact that he would still nurse took away so much worry that we would have had otherwise.

And then, kind boy that he is, he shared that illness with his father and I, so we both have colds and my husband feels like he's getting the flu as well. It just has not been a healthy few weeks for us! I don't know what's going on. We very rarely get sick, but lately it's just been one thing after another. I won't even tell you how many boxes of Kleenex we've gone through in the past two weeks.

I really need to get on top of this whole blogging thing again. I'm getting further and further stuck in the rut of ahh, I have so much to write about, I don't know where to start...so I just won't write at all! Maybe I'll do another NaBloPoMo again soon...or maybe I'll wait until tax season is over.

Anyway, I'm now having several plush animals stuffed onto my knee by a very amused toddler, so I'll admit defeat and end this entry. Have a lovely weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I know you are delighted!! I'm happy for you!!! :) Maybe it will be soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The TMI section made me giggle. That really is the way it works. Haha. Anyway yay for officially trying! Good luck ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. poor white underwear. You should've tried that long ago! haha

    congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course it was the white underwear! Why didn't I think to suggest that? Hehe. Congrats again Cynthia. You must be so relieved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, your white underwear observation is hilarious. So very true. I myself have decided to avoid buying white underwear ever again. With periods, pregnancy discharge, postpartum bleeding...there's just no point! I love me my new black underwear. ;-D

    I look forward to the day where you announce your next pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. White underwear was how I avoided pregnancy through most of college *laugh*. Congratulations on bleeding! Haha.

    ReplyDelete