Saturday 31 January 2009

Delightful boy

It's been amazing, this whole motherhood thing, watching my baby boy grow from a scrunched up newborn to a rambunctious toddler. Every day now brings something new - a new skill, a new word, a new way to make us laugh, a new challenge to tackle, a new joy to discover.

His favourite family activity right now? Hiding under the blankets - all of us, at the same time. I can't think of anything that makes him happier than having all three of us giggling away with a blanket over our heads. Our own private family fort.

His favourite words remain "fall" and "crash" - he is a boy, through and through. A delightful, squealing, rough-and-tumble boy. Having grown up with four younger sisters, I have to say, I love having a boy.

(And wow, would I ever love having a girl too.)

Likewise, his favourite toys are still cars. His Oma made him a wonderful quilted car mat for Christmas, which he has been loving.





He's starting to count along with us now. He's been "counting" things for a while (pointing while we count), but now he's starting to say the words too. I've been asking him to say his name lately, which sometimes results in a whispered "Ja!" but always results in a fit of giggles. Apparently, it is very funny to ask him to say his name. Who knew?

Pretty much, I just love this little guy.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, he's super cute! There is something so fun and unique about raising a little boy! I love raising my daughter as well but it's a challenge sometimes to keep up with all the "girlie" stuff. She is all about being a princess and wants to wear dresses all the time. When I was a little girl my mom had to bribe me to wear dresses!
    Both kids are a joy to raise though!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so cute. I absolutely love his blond hair. Too adorable. Boys are defiantly unique. Hopefully you'll get to enjoy a girl next ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raiden's name comes out "Beh-nee!" That's close ;). And he giggles and grins anytime you ask him to sing a song for anyone else. He never will, but it's funny for us to ask him to :).

    I never thought I'd love having a boy as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He sounds like a sweet boy. :) I love the private family fort activity. Hannah's favorite activity has to be taking care of her baby dolls. It's so cool watching her wrap them up in blankets and pretend change their diaper!

    At least Jacob is good natured about being asked to say his name! Heh, if we ask Hannah what her name is she scrunches up her face and whines at us. But she'll say it when she wants to look at herself in the mirror!

    I hope I enjoy having a boy as much as you do. :)

    ReplyDelete