Thursday 20 November 2008

The training begins

Tonight was our first night of training for the Parent Companion Program that I mentioned before. Although I had originally planned to be a birth companion, I'm looking forward now to being a parent companion instead. It was a pretty overview-ish, paperwork-y night, but interesting nonetheless.

We'll be matched with a partner in January. I'm nervous but excited. This is really a big step out of my comfort zone for me, the one who was so often labeled as "stuck-up" because I was so painfully shy. I do hope it goes well.

3 comments:

  1. Exciting and scary! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't read about this previously, but I visited your original post and it sounds like a wonderful opportunity. I'm excited to hear your thoughts and experiences with it after it begins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and good luck! I'm sure it will be a great experience for you and for the family that you are matched with.

    ReplyDelete