Saturday 22 November 2008

You know you're a bookworm when...

You go on a date with your husband for the first time in months...and you each spend intermission reading your own books.

I pointed this out...we laughed...and went back to reading our books.

Ah, the romance.

It was a very nice night. The concert (Handel's Messiah) was incredibly well done. I confess it's not necessarily my "thing", and by the third hour I was getting a bit fidgety, but my husband absolutely loved it. It was definitely interesting though, and I enjoyed the opportunity to reflect on the scripture surrounding Christ's birth, death and resurrection in a new way (as they sang it over and over and over again). Beautiful.

The boy did wonderfully with the couple who was babysitting him. They said we had "the most perfect little boy ever". I'm inclined to agree, but then again my husband insists on pointing out that I might be a bit biased in this regard. Pff, whatever.

(Am I allowed to be just the littlest bit hurt, though, that the boy apparently hardly even noticed we were gone? Four and a half hours, and he didn't even miss me? Just had fun playing with the babysitters? My poor feelings. *sniff*)

We came home, put the little guy to bed, then played Risk. The husband won...again. Le sigh.

I hate that stupid game.

(Yes, I'm bitter.)

All in all, it was a very enjoyable evening. I have a Christmas party coming up that my boss has told me I will be there for...so I guess we have another date in a couple weeks!

6 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear you guys had a nice time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I had to laugh about your "bookishness". I am that way too. I have been known to read a book while attending college sporting events, much to my husband's embarrassment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw, I finally put up the award you gave me on my blog, thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't fret - I lost at Scrabble (again) last night... he only outscored me double. And I'm getting better! He's just competitive and I'm not so much - no way he'll miss taking full advantage of a triple word score.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lately when I've left Hannah with my parents here and there, she doesn't even notice I'm gone. And then, when I walk back in the door, she barely looks at me. It's like, "Whatever Mom, I'm busy." *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you had a great night out. LOL, you two reading books at intermission is too cute. I am definately more of a reader than my hubby. He just sits and 'watches' me read. I find it cute...most of the time.

    ReplyDelete