Thursday 5 November 2009

Drink your greens!

This month I have joined a green smoothie challenge, the idea being to drink a green smoothie each day. I am ashamed to admit that I have already failed. *sob* Still, the challenge has helped me to be more intentional about something I already love, getting more greens into my family in the form of a delicious freshly blended smoothie.

I've already blogged about our favourite green smoothies here, and surprisingly those favourites haven't changed at all. I use more greens now and try to switch them up every so often, but our standard green smoothie is still spinach (lots), a couple of bananas, a cup or so of frozen strawberries, and 1/2 cup of water to help mix it all up.

Oh, and I make bigger servings now, with the little guy devouring half a glass or more and the big man finally caving and admitting that green smoothies really are delicious even though they have spinach in them. I suppose I can share my yummy goodness with these two. They're lucky I love them so much.

Health benefits and deliciousness aside, they also give the best mustaches...



...and are kid approved! Drink up!

3 comments:

  1. Those pictures are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a pinch, can you use frozen spinach? Or would that be gross?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you can use frozen spinach, according to many smoothie recipes I've read. I've never tried it myself, though, so I can't vouch for any change in taste or texture.

    ReplyDelete