Monday 16 November 2009

Make it stop

Make it stop make it stop make it stop!!!

It's the early version of the "why's":

"Where does __ come from?"
"What is __ for?"
"What does __ do?"

ALL. DAY. LONG.

I'm losing my mind.

I love this child, I do. I love his inquisitive nature, I do. I love that he wants to learn, I do.

But I don't know how to answer most of these questions! And they never end!!!

"Where does glass come from?"
"What do am-blee-ances [ambulances] do?"
"Where does water come from?"
"What is pee for?"
"Where does music come from?"
"What is shampoo for?"
"Where does midwife come from?"
"What do pillows do?"
"Where do eggs come from?"


With the way he insists on knowing where every last thing he eats comes from, he's going to be a vegetarian in no time.

Tonight's biggie?

"Where does God come from?"

Try - just try - explaining that to a two-year-old, twenty or so times over, when he will not be satisfied with any answer along the lines of "God has always been here".

No, he wants to know where God comes from.

Go ask your Dad, honey.

5 comments:

  1. This never stopped with my girls. My six, almost seven year old, still asks millions of questions all day long. My three year old does too. I see no end in sight lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not ready for those kind of questions. I probably have another year and then it will all begin. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is rather interesting for me to read this blog. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything connected to them. I would like to read more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. heh - this made me chuckle. Partly because, we're not there yet, so I can still find it funny. And because I was JUST like that too! hihi

    What did Dad say? :P

    ReplyDelete