Friday 20 November 2009

IComLeavWe

Tomorrow marks the beginning of IComLeavWe - International Comment Leaving Week!

While IComLeavWe runs every month from the 21st to the 28th, they have joined up with NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) for the week of November 21-28. The idea is simple - every day, leave 5 comments on other blogs and return one comment that's been left on your site lately. That's six comments a day for a week.

What a fun way to build community! Community is something that has been on my mind a lot lately (expect a blog entry in the future!), so it feels timely for me to participate. Unofficially though, I think - I feel less obligated that way, and more free to leave comments simply for the sake of it. Maybe I'm just weird that way, but external motivation tends to make me feel guilty, as though I'm only doing something because I'm supposed to rather than because I want to. Way to overanalyze the whole thing, eh?

Anyway, I hope you'll join me, meet some fellow bloggers, and brighten someone's day with an unexpected comment!

2 comments:

  1. It's a little early, but I thought I'd start off this little project by leaving a comment for you! I love your blog! I'm neither a wife or mother yet, but someday and I love your perspective and general approach! Good luck on your upcoming arrival! I look forward to hearing about it! Thanks for the heads-up about blog comments this week! I will definitely be commenting intentionally this week, and hopefully it will inspire me to tend to my own languishing blog as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! I think I will attempt to try to leave comments.

    ReplyDelete