Monday 30 September 2013

What I Am Into - September 2013



What I Am Into :: September 2013


So. September. Good bye and good riddance.

On My Nightstand:

I'm doing another Harry Potter re-read. I tend to get bored around book #4 and give up, but this time I am determined to get through #4 and 5 so that I can get to the really good stuff in #6 and 7. I just finished #3, so whether I succeed remains to be seen.

I am also enjoying an advanced reader copy of Sarah Bessey's Jesus Feminist: An Invitation to Revisit the Bible's View of Women. I'm used to Sarah's lovely flowing blog-post snapshots, so it was a bit of a mind shift to hear her voice in this longer book. The further I read, though, the clearer I can hear that compassionate and poetic voice coming through.

On the screen:

Each Friday is pizza and a movie night here in the Hippie Household. We all assemble our own pizzas, then sit down in front of a nature documentary because we have a strange little three year old who sobs his eyes out during even the happiest moments in most movies. Which is fine; we all love the nature documentaries. Creation is fascinating. So far we have finished BBC's Planet Earth and Blue Planet series, and we've now started watching through Life, with Human Planet next in line.

In My Kitchen:

I'm enjoying the return to fall cooking - tortellini sausage soup, beef stew, and everything butternut squash.

In My Ears:

I know I'm a little slow on the uptake here, but The Civil Wars have a new album! It is amazing. Of course. So beautiful and just perfect. My ears also perked up at the mention of a new Gungor album, which I will most definitely be checking out as well.

What I'm Looking Forward to in October:

Um, it won't be September anymore?

No, seriously, I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving (here in Canada, at least). We're getting together with the in-laws for a big Thanksgiving weekend at a cabin they've rented. Should be a good time.

Well, friends, that is What I've Been Into this past month. What about you?


Linking up to What I'm Into with HopefulLeigh...

6 comments:

  1. great list!! i love this series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have sensitive TV folks around here to but they apparently don't mind watching animals eat other animals so we watch all those BBC series too. Also love Harry Potter. Just read first three with my oldest this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made butternut squash risotto the other night. Yum! I keep meaning to read through all the Harry Potter books, too. Sounds like a good winter project. I'll have to check out the new Gungor album, too. I'm not a fan of most contemporary Christian music but Gungor is an exception. If you would like to see what I've been into this past month, here is the link:
    http://teawithdee.blogspot.com/2013/10/what-im-into-september-2013-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Butternut squash risotto sounds amazing. I will definitely be giving that a try!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for that CD recommendation! I've never heard of them before. Love having something new to listen to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should really reread Harry Potter one of these days. Definitely going to try that Chicken Stew recipe out- I got a few more butternut squashes in my CSA box today!

    Thanks for linking up with What I'm Into!

    ReplyDelete